1. An important piece of information to know as community health professionals is US federal poverty guidelines, which can change from year to year. Health and Human Services updated these guidelines for 2020, and they can be found here: https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines
A. What is the guideline for a single person household?
B. What is the guideline for a household of four?
2. Your text lays out three common types of budgets used by funding agencies. List and define them.
3. Define in-kind donation. Give one example of an in-kind donation.
4. Define indirect costs. What are they used for?
5. Your text lays out four types of cost analyses. List and define them.
6. You have been hired by a local non-profit organization to write a grant proposal for one of their existing programs. This program provides after-school activities for children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN). The organization’s executive director would like to add an art component to this program and is seeking a $5,000 grant to fund this program expansion. Part of your role as the grant writer is to include an initial budget. Below is the proposed budget with missing pieces of information (indicated with XXX). (Note: Because this is an already established program staffed with employees and volunteers, there are no salaries in this budget.) Complete the table and include a bulleted budget justification (see Box 12-1 for a sample budget justification). Keep in mind that your budget justification is much simpler than you may be thinking. Likely a total of a few bullet points.