Discussion Forum: Political Philosophy (Topic 3) – Tiffany Zhu Group 3 – 30103
22 unread replies.22 replies.
You must do two things. First, you will need to post a substantive response to any one (or more) of the open–answer questions provided below by Thursday, midnight, of this week (week 2). Second, you must provide critical feedback to at least two of your peers by Sunday, midnight, this week.
Questions For This Discussion Forum:
(1) Does freedom entail the ability to have done otherwise?
(2) What is the difference between positive and negative freedom?
(3) What is republican freedom, and how does it differ from other conceptions of freedom?
(4) What is the harm principle? Does it pose a justified limitation on our freedom?
(5) What is the social contract? Is it binding?
(6) What is Rawls’ conception of a just society? Is it is tenable?
(7) Is political theory inherently patriarchal?